Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Email Subscriptions

[TUTORIAL] Tasker - Total Data Connection & Sync Control V4

Assuming your device is already very battery efficient because you are using my CPU profiles from here, next up is controlling your data connections and syncing schedule.

New to Tasker? Call yourself a geek?! Delete your XDA account immediately or get a free trial from here

The Theory

In order, the most important things in my life are as follows:

1) Preserving my phone’s battery life.
2) Sexually satisfying my girlfriend.

As you can see, it’s pretty important for me that I can get through a couple of days with medium usage without having a panic attack about the distance I am from my charger. Download my DistanceFromCharger profile here (just kidding).

So, I looked at my data connections and their battery usage when my scheduled once hourly sync of widgets, emails, facebook, twitter, rss etc etc took place. Without extensive testing, it became clear that these synchronisations became misaligned from the hourly slot due to data quantity, connection time/errors etc etc. Over time, it is therefore theoretically possible to have 10 applications/widgets/processes causing a data sync separately every six minutes (60 mins/10) and although some might say that the total data volume may be the same overall, the act of using the data connection so many more times tells me it will use more battery life. Do you concur?
Read more »

0 comments:

Post a Comment